Toddler Mittens Crochet Pattern
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase, I will get a small commission. Thank you!
This crochet pattern is inspired by my one-year-old daughter, Annabella. She needed mittens for the cold weather, so I sat down and wrote up this pattern. The mittens fit most one year olds, but could be adjusted to fit older toddlers as well.
Soft worsted weight (size 4) yarn
H (5mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle for sewing in ends
Stitches Used (US Terms):
Chain - ch
Single Crochet - sc
Single crochet decrease - sc dec
Slip Stitch - ss
Half Double Crochet - hdc
I use the invisible single crochet decrease to make my work look neater. Here is the link to a tutorial for this method: http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-single-crochet-invisible-decrease/
With H hook and yarn color of your choice, ch 2.
1. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. (6 sts)
2. 2 sc in each st around. (12 sts)
3. (1 sc in 1st st, 2 sc in next st) around. (18 sts)
4. (1 sc in 1st 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) around, (24 sts)
5.-14. 1 sc in each st around. (24 sts each row).
15. (1 sc in 1st 4 sts, sc dec over next 2 sts) around. (20 sts)
16. (1 sc in 1st 3 sts, sc dec over next 2 sts) around. Join with ss to 1st st. (16 sts)
17. Ch 1, 1 hdc in each st around. Join with ss. (16 sts)
18-19. Ch 1, 1 hdc in each st around. Join with ss. (16 sts) Finish and sew in ends.
And there you have it! A simple crochet pattern for toddler mittens! My daughter loves wearing the mittens I made for her. These mittens work up so quick, you can make them in lots of different colors for your little one.
Tag your photos on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #nattispatternplace for a chance to be featured!
You can purchase the concise, printable PDF of this pattern at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/525430525/toddler-mittens-crochet-pattern-digital